Sunday, July 22, 2012

Allow Myself to Reintroduce Myself

It certainly has been an interesting eleven months.  A lot has changed since then in my life and I'm sure those readers who were around before.  I went from being a rather busy blogger to disappearing.  Why?  A combination of marathon Skyrim sessions (getting the game to 95% complete takes a lot longer than you might think, and you might think it takes pretty darn long!) and the relationship I've been in for now almost two years.  That relationship has now led to an engagement set for June 1st, 2013.

Fast forward to today.  I've burned myself out on Skyrim, and PC gaming in general.  Even if I haven't been writing actively, I haven't completely disappeared.  The TOB debates still ravaged in the background, and I managed to participate when my advice was asked.  My traditionalism remained as always.  Indeed, I simply found different ways of expressing a lot of the things that I've written about, this time through actions instead of words.

Yet all exiles end eventually, and this one is no different.  For awhile I lacked a reason to write.  I now have a reason, which I hope to make clear throughout the following posts.  Yet in the end, there is one reason above all to write.  I once again enjoy doing so.  This isn't a career for me.  I had that chance yet felt called elsewhere.  Yet if it is not a career, it is still a huge part of my life.  That I have fun doing this I hope will come across in these writings.  Far too often my ideological kindred are doom and gloom.  It is hard not to be.  Yet the grace of God is meant to liberate human nature, and that liberation also comes from gloom and despair.  We represent a way of looking at the world that has lifted billions out of despair and sin, and guided them towards true and eternal happiness.  Why on earth would anyone belonging to such a patrimony be gloomy?

A lot of the projects I worked on in the past will resurface or be rebooted with the freshness these past eleven months have provided.  With that let us continue on our journey..... at least until The Elder Scrolls VI, future children, or a Detroit Tigers championship come upon us, whichever come first.

1 comment:

At this current time due to time constraints comments are moderated. Avoid flaming, chest-thumping and stick on topic and your comments will be quickly approved. Do the opposite and they stay in never never land.